Privacy & Liability Policies
Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, Indemnity, and Hold Harmless Agreement
By purchasing these Products, I understand and agree to the following:
(1) Bicycling and related activities are hazardous and injuries are common and ordinary occurrences during these activities. I agree to assume all risks of death or injury to any part of the user’s body while using the Products.
(2) Silicon Valley Electric Cycles LLC is not responsible for modifications made by our company of any modifications made to the Products after the sale.
(3) Non-steel and/or non-rigid forks (aluminum, suspension, etc.) are weaker than rigid steel forks. Silicon Valley Electric Cycles LLC recommends installation of the Products on rigid steel forks, although non-steel and/or non-rigid forks are acceptable for use. I agree to assume all risks if I choose installation on non-steel and/or non-rigid forks despite our recommendation.
(4) Silicon Valley Electric Cycles LLC recommends tightening the axle nuts with a force of not less than 28 foot-pounds, check the fork screws tight, keep the tires inflated to 30-40 psi, and bicycle's brakes inspected by a bicycle repair shop. It is the buyer's responsibility to maintain these routine maintenance.
(5) To the fullest extent allowed by law, I agree to forever release and hold harmless Silicon Valley Electric Cycles LLC and its owners, agents, employees, and affiliates from any and all responsibility or legal liability for any injuries, damages or death to any user of any equipment and the products listed in this form, whether resulting from negligence or any other cause including the misuse of our electric bicycle products or any violation of the law. It is clearly stated that it is the rider/purchaser's responsibility to understand the law for usage in public roads. I further agree that I will defend and indemnify them if any claim or action is pursued for any injuries, damages or death relating to bicycling or any related activities involving the use of this equipment and the Products.
(6) I accept the Products herein “as is” and with no warranties, express or implied, beyond those stated in this agreement and in the manufacturer’s written limited warranty, if any.
(7) I understand how the Products work and have received instruction and satisfactory answers to any questions regarding the use and function of the Products. If this is new equipment, I acknowledge receipt of the manufacturer’s written instructions. If at any time the Products do not seem to be working properly, I will stop using it immediately and return it for inspection and possible repair or adjustment.
(8) If the Products are to be used by someone other than me, I certify that I am acting as agent of the user and that I will provide this form and all pertinent warnings and information to the user.
(9) This document is a legally binding contract which supersedes any other agreements by and between the parties, and which constitutes the final and entire agreement regarding the services and the Products. This agreement is intended to provide a comprehensive release of all legal liability which is binding upon and for the benefit of all parties, their heirs, agents, and assigns, but is not intended to assert any claims or defenses that are prohibited by law. If any part of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remainder will be given full force and effect. This agreement will be interpreted, construed, and governed by and under California State law. Exclusive venue and jurisdiction over the parties and the subject matter to this agreement will be in the Superior Court of California in Santa Clara.
YOUR PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT:
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Silicon Valley Electric Cycles LLC. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site.
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization. We also do not store any credit card information.
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website.